Lamont Public Library is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic library clerk to assist with general library duties and programing. This part-time position will be 8hrs/week, evenings and/or daytime hours.
Library experience is considered an asset.
Application deadline is end of day, Wednesday August 31, 2022. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
About us: We are a small library that serves the Town of Lamont and surrounding area. We are a part of the Northern Lights Library System and share space with the Lamont High School Library. We are looking to grow our programming and increase partnerships with community service providers.
About you: You are a people person who actively enjoys supporting literacy. You possess competent computer skills and enjoy learning new things and keeping your skills fresh. You are curious by nature and love supporting people to find answers and support learning. You are patient and caring with children and adults alike as well as inspire a love of reading.
About your experience: You have a high school diploma and at least one year of related experience. You have excellent communication and collaboration skills and enjoy working with people of all ages.
About your role: Reporting to the Library Manager, you will keep the library running smoothly by responding to patron requests, performing circulation duties, and assisting in planning and delivering programming.
Lamont Public Library Clerk Position
General Description: The Lamont Public Library Clerk is accountable to the Lamont Public Library Board through the Library Manager
Position Reports to: Lamont Public Library Manager
Responsibilities: The Library Clerk has responsibilities in the following areas:
- Understand and use common office programs (such as email, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Cleaning and tidying of library space as required
- Library Duties
- Provide friendly, helpful, and efficient library service to patrons
- Operate circulation desk utilizing both Polaris and Destiny
- Shelve books, DVDs, and other library materials as required
- Prepare and organize books for the van run with Northern Lights ILLS; receive and empty book bins as required
- Run a weekly overdue list and call patrons
- Prepare a list of lost items for invoicing of patrons and libraries within Northern Lights
- Update and maintain displays and seasonal decorations
- Assist with shelf reading and tidying as required
- Plan, organize, present, and implement child and adult friendly events/programs for the public as they are assigned
- Answer public inquiries on the phone, via email, and in person
- Assist patrons with computer usage
- Open and close the library with a key and code as required
- Track and maintain statistics regularly
- Ensure effective and friendly representation of the library to the community
- Promote increased awareness of the library
- Represent the library at community functions
- Other Professional Responsibilities
- Assume other duties as required